Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer


Summer has arrived in northern Maine, bringing with it hot and humid conditions. Training has been going well and we are just finishing the first week of the 3rd training block of the year. This week was an intensity week, meaning hard training at high heart rates was the focus. The final had workout of the week was an 11k rollerski time trial. I was happy with my performance, despite being over a minute slower than last July. I believe this is a function of little time of rollerskis more than a disparity in fitness. In other (non training) news I will be heading a youth mountain bike night on Mondays here in Fort Kent. I’m really looking forward to this opportunity. Summer is rolling right along and I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am.

2 comments:

  1. Raleigh: Your old teacher, Mr. Farrow, just won the Trans-Wisconsin!!! 620 miles in just under 88 hours!!! Not bad for an old man!!!
    Keep pushing it!!!
    Best regards,
    CPF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farrow, that is a truly inspired performance! I feel an American Government slide show coming on.....

    ReplyDelete