Saturday, July 17, 2010

3 Periods down... 9 to go.


3 Periods down…
Life has settled into a pretty steady pattern here in Fort Kent. Training is ramping up and the summer is rolling right along. Over the last period (4 weeks of training) I put in 70 hours of physical training and shot over 1,700rds. Since my last post the Maine Winter sports center hosted the Maine Team camp, a group of aspiring high school athletes who were selected based on their results from last season. The MWSC biathlon team assisted at the camp providing shooting and ski technique coaching to the campers. The highlights of the camp were a skate time trial at 10th mountain, where I saw some significant improvement over my last effort in June, and a now infamous speedball (a game combining soccer and ultimate Frisbee, NOT the injection of cocaine and heroin) tourney which saw me and my roommate Ben taking on all comers and going undefeated to claim the title of World Speedball Champions of the Word. Yeah! On tap for the remainder of the summer is the Southern Maine Biathlon Team Camp, the classic summer training camp in Jericho Vermont, and an all MWSC camp in Sugarloaf Maine. I’ll be sure to keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. stop putting pictures of me up on your blog. I know you want to add to the attractive quotient but you at least aught to get my permission first.

    ReplyDelete