Monday, January 10, 2011

Nationals and Euro Trip 2011


I am now into the heart of the racing season, and racing will be coming hard and fast for the next months. Immediately after the last race at US Junior Trials I drove over to Rumford Maine for US XC Ski Nationals. I contested the 15k classic race and the 10k skate race. The classic race was tough because I don’t have the specific strength I have had in the past because biathlon training is almost exclusively skating. I was happy with my race and one of the US Ski Team coaches was impressed with my classic technique. I wound up 101st of 202 overall and was around the 20th Junior racer. The next day was the skate 10k, on paper I should be better at this because of my biathlon training, however the cumulative fatigue from Biathlon Trials and the 15k caught up to me in a big way and I ended up the 33rd junior. Nationals and provided some great physical training and racing experience.
Now I am back in Fort Kent for a week before embarking on the longest overseas trip I have ever taken. I will leave Maine on the 16th of January and fly to Munich Germany. From there I will:
1) Go to the Nova Mesto, Czech Republic for World Junior Biathlon Championships.
2) Drive to Ruhpoling Germany for a training and to compete in German Cup Races
3) Either Ridnan Italy for Under 26 World Championships or Czech for races.
4) Drive back to Munich, and fly back to Maine.
5) Fly back to Minnesota for Junior Nationals XC Championships in Minneapolis
6) Drive from Minneapolis to Grand Rapids for Biathlon Nationals.
7) Drive homeand watch the NCAA Basketball tourney, sleep lots etc.
That will take me to the end of my season in late March. I will do my best to keep updating my blog, but internet is sometimes tough to find in old Europe. The next weeks should be exciting and fun, and I can’t wait to get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment