Monday, March 21, 2011

Nationals and Spring


After returning from Europe I spent a week in Fort Kent training for US Nationals. The racing at nationals was really a mixed bag. I struggled royally on the range in Thursdays rainy sprint race, placing 2nd in the junior class. The pursuit on Saturday was better, I had decent shooting and placed 1st in the Junior Category and 3rd overall. This was my first senior level podium result. Sunday’s Mass Start was by far the most challenging. It was held in the misting rain on a tough course. I shot well, but due to cumulative fatigue from a long season and some lingering sickness my skiing was not up to par. US Nationals is the end of my season, it was great to see all my friends from across the country and mix it up with the Senior athletes. Look for a year in review post and a preview of next season soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment