Saturday, December 24, 2011

Minnesota Wrap-Up and on to Alaska



I am currently with my family for the holidays after the conclusion on an up and down race series in Minnesota. It was great to be back on my home course and to see some familiar faces helping to run yet another outstanding set of races at Mt. Itasca. Some of the highlights of the weekend included leading out the mass start race and much of the second lap due to fast clean shooting in the first stage, and discovering that my new Rossignol X-ium skis are quite fast, even compared to my best skis from last year. Overall I was satisfied with my prone shooting, and ski speed, however I really struggled shooting standing. I am glad I had the opportunity to get some quality racing in before Junior Trials in Anchorage, AK.

I leave on Christmas morning for Anchorage, where I will compete in 3 races which will decide the US team for the Junior World Championships in Finland. It will be great to see my friends from across the country, and I am really looking forward to racing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment