Monday, January 23, 2012

Fort Kent NorAM






This weekend was the 3rd stop of the North American Cup. It took place in my own backyard at the 10th Mountain Ski Center. Despite the frigid temperatures the volunteers put together an extremely professional and well run race weekend. Due to some illness I pick up earlier in the week I did not race the sprint on Saturday. Even though I wasn’t starting I still did some easy distance training on the competition trials before the start. Over the course of my ski I was able to take a step back and take in the scene as a spectator and not as a racer. Before a race your focus on completely consumed by zeroing your rifle, testing skis, warming up etc. Seldom do you get more than a moment to appreciate your surroundings, the volunteers, and the atmosphere of the community. All the afore mentioned where top notch, and really triggered my itch to race in the Mass Start the next day. The mass start race was quite enjoyable. The pace was manageable, and I finally put together a decent shooting performance, with 60% in prone (still plenty of improvement to be made here) and 90% in standing. Results can be found HERE. Next week I travel to LaPatrie Quebec for another NorAm race, which will also be Canadian World Junior Championships Trials, so there should be excellent competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment