Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rolling Right Along

 The spring has flown by, and I am very happy with the progress I have made in the first two months of the training year. I have been focusing on building a solid base of strength and aerobic fitness by spending lots of time on my road bike and in the weight room. My rifle training has also been going very well. After making some changes to my rifle stock, rifle sights, and tweaking my shooting position, I have posted my best scores yet in standardized shooting tests.

For the next few weeks of training the focus will remain on building base fitness and accuracy shooting, but high intensity interval sessions and combination training workouts will become more and more prevalent as the summer goes on.


The next month training will be challenging, with around 70 hours of planned training featuring a rollerski time trail, some loooong Level 3 intervals, and hard work in the weight room. I can’t wait to test out my fitness. Also of interest the weather machine in Southern Maine has switched from “Depressing Monsoon Spring” to “Full On Summer” so between long hours outside running, biking, rollerskiing and shooting, and my time in the weight room I should be all set for beach season.   

No comments:

Post a Comment