Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Lobster Roll

This Photo shamelessly stolen from Katrina Howe  
This past Sunday I travel to North Haven Island off the coast of Rockland, Maine to take part in the Lobster Roll, a rollerski race contested by the Nordic ski teams of Maine's colleges and universities. I am not a member of a Maine collegiate ski team, however the CEO of the Maine Winter Sports Center-Andy Shepard, organized the event, so my teammate Katrina Howe and I where able to take part. The race was 15 kilometers long with one racer going out every 15 seconds in the  skating style. The roads on North Haven are ideal for rollersking, they are perfectly paved with nice rolling terrain and almost zero traffic. Best of all the event took place under sunny skies, with a light wind making the 65 degree day feel just a bit brisk. I am in the all black in the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment