Thursday, January 24, 2013

NorAm #3, Valcartier Quebec.





 NorAm #3 was a snowy and challenging event. Both the sprint race on Saturday and the pursuit race on Sunday where contested in full conditions. The ski tracks where incredibly soft, which made for slow going. I was very happy with my racing. I took 3rd place in the Sprint and 1st place in the Pursuit. I was especially proud of my results due to the depth of the field. NorAm #3 was also selection trials for the Canadian IBU Cup and European Championships team, so many of the top Canadian athletes competed. This race weekend was also important for the MWSC Junior and Development Biathlon teams. I was the “Old Man” of the weekend at 21 years of age. Our youngest athletes competed with air rifles in the 13-14 year old age class. The whole team gained invaluable race experience and performed admirably. Right now I am recovering from the hard efforts of the weekend and preparing for NorAm #4, which will be held in La Patrie, Quebec next weekend. NorAm #4 marks the end of the selection period for the European Championship Team. I am optimistic about my chances of being named to the team; however, I am keeping my focus on the upcoming NorAm. I am enjoying the winter season, and I hope that you have had a chance to get out and spend some time on the trails.



1 comment:

  1. Dude, we don't even have any snow. Just -10 F and dead grass. So jealous of the snow in the photos. Congratulations on your first and third and we'll be thinking of you this coming week-end!

    The Minneapolis Gs

    ReplyDelete