Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March Madness


March Madness isn't just for college hoops. March is a busy time for biathletes and cross country skiers. This season will be busier than ever.  

Here is a look ahead at my schedule for the coming weeks.

March 7th-10th -US Biathlon Nationals Fort Kent, Maine

March 11th- 20th Training and Racing in Whistler, British Columbia, Canada for North American Championships

March 22-24th Mammoth Lakes, California for the Mammoth Winter Biathlon. For info here: http://www.mammothbiathlon.org/

March 26th-April 11th- US Supertour XC Finals Lake Tahoe, California.

I am currently in Fort Kent preparing for these upcoming competitions. Training has been going very well and I am excited to race in new places with new people.
I am also happy to announce that I will be training with the Maine Winter Sports Center next season in pursuit of an Olympic berth at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. I am very grateful for the support I have received from my family, friends, coaches and sponsors over the last 3 years. Be sure to check back for updates on my travels this March. For day to day updates follow me on Twitter (@TheRGoessling)  

1 comment: