Thursday, October 3, 2013

Harvest Camp

To kick off October I headed to Sugarloaf, Maine for a training camp with the Maine Winter Sports Center Junior and Post Graduate teams. I was very impressed by the work ethic and focus on these young athletes during our training sessions. It is always refreshing to spend time with younger athletes. Their unbridled enthusiasm for the sport is contagious and motivational.

 Our group enjoyed perfect training conditions throughout the camp. The MWSC team was welcomed to the  Sugarloaf area by staff and students of the Carrabassett Valley Academy. They graciously allowed us to take advantage of their stellar dining services, gym and classrooms. I was very pleased with the quality and quantity of training I put in during this time. Highlights of the camp included a long uphill only threshold double pole workout, extremely hard bounding intervals and many long runs and rollerskis through the peak foliage of the Carrabassett Valley.





 Besides training, I was able to share some of my experiences and expertise with my younger teammates through a presentation on training execution and daily dryfire practice for the biathletes.

The mountainous atmosphere and sunny days of the last week has certainly raised my level of anticipation for my departure to MWSC’s annual training camp in Park City, Utah.    

*All Photos Courtesy of the Maine Winter Sports Center and Amber Dodge 

No comments:

Post a Comment