Tuesday, December 3, 2013

North American Cups 1 and 2





The racing season is officially underway after back to back weekends of North American (NorAm) Cup Biathlon racing. I am glad to have had the opportunity to kick of the season with high level athletes on quality courses. Over the course of the racing season, my racing form generally improves, so with Trials racing in early December these NorAm competitions where an important stepping stone to the heart of the season.





My ski technique, time on the course and shooting stability steadily increased as I put in more competition hours. The results sheet was a mixed bag, with two poor skiing days and two poor shooting days. I came away with one 3rd place and one 1st place finish out of the 4 races. I am very happy with the progress I have made of the past 2 weeks of training and racing.











 The MWSC biathlon team will continue to train in Canmore until next Saturday. At that point we will travel to Grand Rapids Minnesota (My Home State!) for competitions which will determine the final pool of athletes for Olympic Selection.  Kristen Smith, a friend, but not a relation of my teammate Casey caught some great shots from the race days. I can’t wait to challenge the best in the country in Minnesota. For full results from all the biathlon racing action can be found o
n www.zone4.ca, under the blue icons labeled “NorAm/Calforex Cup AM”

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it's going to be SO COLD in Minnesota this week-end! We hope that somehow this will work to your advantage and that you'll be in the pool!

    ReplyDelete