Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Visit Your Local Uphill Area!

Not many Americans are aware that there is currently a great deal on uphill area admission. In the summer your local downhill ski area is converted into a free use uphill area. I visited the local uphill area here in Fort Kent for the first time today. I did some race pace bounding intervals. They went really well other than the Raisin Bran I was tasting the entire workout. I am continuing to shoot everyday and training is going great. Things here are about to get a lot more exciting though. We have roughly 30 youngsters coming to 10th Mountain this weekend for an into to biathlon clinic. After that the US National Women's team arrives for a weeklong training camp. A few interesting Fort Kent observations: LED house numbers are very popular here, there are as many if not more bugs here than in MN, and there are more you read right more ATV trails here than in MN.  I'm currently working on a set of pictures of Fort Kent. I'm really making an effort at good photography. I'll post them at the end of the week, along with a summery of my training efforts so far this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment