Saturday, August 29, 2009

Home Life

I've been at home here in Esko for 8 days now and have been settling into a training and living routine. It's a big adjustment from living on my own. I really enjoy being home and seeing my family and friends, and not having to cook for myself.I have definitely had to make some adjustments though. Some of the adjustments I have had to make are: dealing with siblings and parents, planning workouts, not having a rollerski loop, and others. I am trying to train as much as I can before school starts. The range in Duluth has been totally redone in my absence and training is really great there. I am also training with my cross country running team. We have a lot of fun. I had my first running race this week and I discovered that I definitely have a skier body, not a runner body. For me to run really fast I would need to lose about 10 pounds of muscle. My goal for the fall is to not let that happen and add more ski specific power. Training is going well and I am making a big effort to maintain 3 times a week shooting. This will get harder as the fall progresses, but it is necessary for success in the winter. On the life front I will be a senior this year and I get out of school at 2:17. This is a great thing for both training and mental health.

No comments:

Post a Comment