Monday, August 17, 2009

The Plan

Training requires a lot of planning. The method of training (skiing, rollerskiing, biking, running), the type of training (intervals, distance, strength) and the duration of the training (30min-4hours) are the main factors at play. However, outside of the training itself there are a lot of things that must be done to be successful: napping, ski waxing, rifle and bike cleaning, stretching and general chilling out. Then there are the basic, essential to life tasks that must be completed: Cooking, laundry, showering, socializing ect. With all of these draws on your time it is really helpful to have a training plan and stick to it. A normal day for me in Fork Kent looks like this:
7:30 wake up and breakfast,
8:30 start workout.
11:00 start eating.
12:30 fall asleep
3:25 wake up from nap
3:30 stumble outside and start 2nd workout.
5:30 more eating
9:30 fall asleep.

That has been my training plan this summer. The actual workouts are planned by my coach here in Maine Gary Colliander. Now that I am starting school The Plan will have to change. I envision it looking something like this: (all times approximate and subject to parental approval)

8:15 start school
2:17 leave school (early release)
2:30 leave school for training site (or leave from school to start workout)
2:45 start training
5:30 Start eating
9:30 fall asleep
5:15-7:30 wake up time depending on morning commitments.

The actual training will be planned by me with help form my coach in Minnesota Bill Meyer and my Maine coach Gary Colliander.I am hoping to have very productive and biathlon focused training this fall to set me up for a successful winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment