Saturday, November 20, 2010

Canmore 2.0

My first week of on-snow training here in Canmore has gone really well. I have done a lot of easy training, and two races with the US and Canadian Senior National Teams. The races where about what I expected, marginal skiing due to a lack of on snow time and improved shooting, shooting wasn’t exceptional on a percentage basis, but I felt in control and realized immediately where my misses where. It was really cool to line up in front of Jean Philippe Legulec from Canada in the Mass Start. (I got a higher start number because it was US World Cup Trials) Legulec was 6th at the Olympics in the Sprint and has been in the top 30 overall World Cup many times. Lining up with such high level athletes is a thrill and great race experience. I have one more week of training here in Canmore which should prove to be very productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment