Saturday, March 5, 2011

Back in the USA

Racing in Italy wrapped up with some solid skiing, and average shooting days. The results were encouraging, and I left knowing I had improved since the beginning of my European swing. The day after the last race I was back in the Munich airport on my home. I was on the same flight as the USA Bobsled team returning from their World Championships in Germany, and many of the members of the US Adaptive Ski Team. Travel home was what I was expecting: Looooong. I am now back in Fort Kent enjoying the amazing skiing and my sweet new accommodations at the Jalbert Athlete Residence. Along with training today I was a group leader at the Aroostook Youth Ski Festival. It was an awesome event. Kids got the opportunity to play in the terrain park, play tag, and going on scavenger hunt, all on cross country skis. It was a great reminder that skiing isn’t all racing, training, results, criteria, and qualifications. I'm looking forward to the racing at Nationals, as well as being in one place for more than 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment