Sunday, July 29, 2012

Volume Block and Camp #2


Since returning from my first training camp of the year in Fort Kent, I have been focusing on volume training. Mostly this means I exercise a lot, but at a low intensity. Volume training can get a bit tiresome especially if you are training on your own. Luckily I have been able to keep the training blahs at bay by exploring new trails and roads. In the past weeks I have happened upon two great mountain bike trail systems I didn’t know existed, along with some sweet new rollerski roads. When you spend 25hours a week out and about eventually you will see something interesting, though these signings are often few and far between.
Interesting things see over the past 3 weeks: 1 assault rifle being pulled out of a car trunk (recreational purposes) 1 red Ferrari, 1 truck doing a burnout in a parking lot, and dozens of wild animals.
That amounts to about 10 minutes of cool stuff per every 60 hours of training.
Yesterday I spend the morning at L.L. Bean helping US Biathlon and the Maine Winter Sports Center put on a laser biathlon event. Despite some trouble with the equipment the event was a success with lots shoppers getting their first exposure to biathlon.


Tomorrow I am off to Jericho, Vermont for a 2 week camp culminating with 2 rollerski biathlon races. These races are not a high priority for me, but they will show me how I compare to my competitors.          

No comments:

Post a Comment