Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fort Kent Camp #2


I just returned from a great long weekend camp in Fort Kent. While I was there I focused on rollerski combos in Level 3, (just below race intensity) precision shooting, and easy combos to hone my range procedure. I did two Level 3 workouts carrying my rifle and shooting. The first session was 5x16min with 2 shooting stages per interval. This workout is long and challenging, but it is a great opportunity to improve fitness as well as mental toughness. The second workout I did was less grueling (10x6min), but allowed me to ski a bit faster. In total I shot just under 1000rounds in 2.5 days. 

Most importantly I identified a few key parts of my shooting and skiing to work on before my next camp.

I saw some great improvement in my skiing from Jericho, along with better shooting percentages. One morning I headed out the door for training to find that it was -2 Celsius outside! The season is coming on soon, and I am looking forward to honing my race fitness and shooting throughout the fall.   

No comments:

Post a Comment