Monday, September 17, 2012

Ramping Up


With the fall in full swing I have begun to ramp up my training. The hours, intensity, and specificity of my preparation have all increased. I have been focusing on volume training for the past week, and next week I will start a 10 day camp in Fort Kent with an intensity focus. During the camp I will be training with a few different people.I will be training with members of the strong Quebec Biathlon Club and my teammate Russell Currier. In addition I will be on hand for the Maine Winter Sports Center junior shooting camp. This will be a great opportunity to hang out with the next generation of biathletes from Maine. It’s hard to not be pumped for training when you are surrounded by motivated and enthusiastic young athletes.
Its a long drive...
Following my time in Fort Kent I will be heading out west for a 2 week training camp in Heber City, Utah. Utah camp will include lots of rollerskiing and shooting at the 2002 Olympic venue in Soldier Hollow, in addition to some long hikes in the high mountains. Since I live almost literally at sea level here in Southern Maine, it is important to spend some time at high altitude a few times a year in order to prepare for competitions at altitude, and to absorb some of the physiological benefits of altitude training.   


Fort Kent From the Air 

No comments:

Post a Comment